Sometimes, you just get to Friday, and just feel like something different. I had an intensely creative week at work, inventing all sorts of difficult projects that I will somewhere down the line have to execute. I got to this Friday afternoon, and it was all I could do to peel my kids out of the car, make a pizza, and snuggle on the couch. Which is terrifying territory to be in when you have a cake to build for the next day, and you’ve already had two glasses of wine. So, I just wasn’t feeling the love for making a fashion cake. And seeing as how the “job”, as it is, was “hey, I’ll make a cake for Doris”, and the “client” was “cool – make whatever you want”, I don’t see as how it really matters that we ended up here. Because I LOVE this cake. I love the colours, I love that it was easy, it took me a couple of hours and yes-thank-you-very-much I will be in bed at a decent hour tonight. I love making cakes like this, because the flowers cover any kind of flaws in the sugarpaste, and I’m not going to lie to you, there are flaws. Maybe it’s a Friday night thing, maybe it’s because I was distracted with watching a show about recreating Damascus swords (!?). In any case, I am looking forward to going to dinner with my girlfriends and presenting my friend with this cake, because I would be thrilled with it. Happy 50th Doris!
- Annual Gnome Convention #pottery #handmade #gnomes #craftfair #burnaby #supportlocalartists… instagram.com/p/Bb3pqc4gDui/ 3 weeks ago
- Sock Monkey Class of 2017. Available at Ecole Brantford Winter Craft Fair, and by order.… instagram.com/p/Bb3M2-Xga5b/ 3 weeks ago
- Makers gotta make, but marriages need to be saved. I'm having a pottery sale! I'll be at the… instagram.com/p/Bb3K-mmAo8Q/ 3 weeks ago
- RT @Canada: A musician, a poet and an advocate for truth and reconciliation – Gord Downie was a great Canadian who will be missed. Rest in… 1 month ago
- Call for crafters, Makers, and home trades! #brantfordwintercraftfair2017 #burnaby… instagram.com/p/BaMsmpMgLx-/ 2 months ago