So I ran out of duct tape at about 10 pm tonight, and while I’m not sure if it’s a John Deere or a Caterpillar, it’s a wheel loader fo sho, and that’s that. I’m actually truly amazed that this thing is as big as it is, and if I can get it out of my house without my children turning it into pulp it will be a total miracle. But seriously, the mechanics of this thing are kind of interesting. The tubes I’ve used for holding the wheels together have proved more useful than I imagined, as I’ve stuffed them with dried beans in ziploc bags for weight. Really…I’m not kidding…I needed weights and all I could come up with was the beans I used for baking pie shells. Surely someone will appreciate my resourcefulness there. In any case, I’m thinking another roll of duct tape to hold this all together, then I may just have to call the guys out in Chilliwack for a little refurb paint job. In any case, the problem I’m faced with now, is whether it will be CAT yellow or John Deere green?
- RT @Canada: A musician, a poet and an advocate for truth and reconciliation – Gord Downie was a great Canadian who will be missed. Rest in… 1 month ago
- Call for crafters, Makers, and home trades! #brantfordwintercraftfair2017 #burnaby… instagram.com/p/BaMsmpMgLx-/ 1 month ago
- A little sad the Corporate Kidsport Challenge is done for this year...but proud to have been a… instagram.com/p/BY3uhJ9AcXh/ 2 months ago
- Bonspiel eh! #ckc2017 #ckcrba @ Ritchie Bros. instagram.com/p/BY1rqhZA2ur/ 2 months ago
- Snowbirds! #ckc2017 #ckcrba #rba #kidsport @ Ritchie Bros. instagram.com/p/BY1rVm7gfBs/ 2 months ago